Monday 7 October 2013

The Unbearable Gift

We pass unbearableness around like a football in a never-ending game;
Like the pair of socks no-one wanted for seven Christmases;
Like the filing tray full of things that no-one knows where to put.

Then the right words in the right moment and oh, God! My heavy bones are filled with it;
There is nowhere for it to be but here, now; in my chest;
Yet even while I gasp for air within its restriction, I see it is a gift,

And I hate the part of me which knows that;
Hate my expansive heart
For allowing me to feel this unbearable gift
Without self-pity;
For always bringing me back to
Love -
If I can receive it.

1 comment:

  1. :) you are fab, I really need to sit down and read your blog from start to present properly xx super proud

    luv cousin angie xx

    ReplyDelete