Monday 9 June 2014

What it Means to You


Don't tell me what you don't want.
Tell me what fires your spirit into action.
Tell me what you dream of in those fleeting moments 
Before you're interrupted by mundanity.
I want to hear what you love;
What breaks your heart open;
What makes your being sing!



I want to hear about your sorrows,
The things that truly terrify you,
The things which make you enraged,
The deepest grief, despair and disappointments
Your heart has ever had to bear -
I want to know them all
Because I want to know you.



The you who is filled with all the world offers,
Emptied of all hope, all faith - 
Utterly human whether or not you want to be.
Tell me what you want to fight for,
What you want to love with your whole self,
For I want to know, to you,
What it means to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment