Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Wheat and the Chaff

The ripples of fear
That kept me from landing
Were in anticipation
Of the grief here present
When I arrived.

Expressing truth at every turn
Takes courage
The like of which 
I have never known.

Who I am now
Is not who I was then
Or then or then,
Though I may seem familiar.

The owned words of others in this circle
Give clarity
But outside, so often,
I hear the opinions 
Of those who think they know me,
Who offer with love and kind intention
The story of their own heart,
Telling me it's mine.

I wait.
I listen.
Until I hear my own voice sing,
My own tears weep;
Until I know
It is time for the loss,
That Nothing can prevent it,
Only allow a rebirth
Of Something else
With a flavour of me
Combined with a seed
Which arrived in my hand
When I left the old stem
Behind.

And the dawning joyful chorus
Will not be held back
With cries of too much
Too soon, too early:
The wheat is ripe for new living,
The chaff ash happy to be fuel
For what lies ahead.

I leap......

2 comments: