Thursday 29 November 2012

Thoughts of ageing on being greeted by a bus driver

There was a time, not so long ago,
When wherever it was that I went,
Whether I dressed super glam, very smart,
Or with a more casual bent,
That I'd be addressed as Mademoiselle, Miss,
Señorita or similar name,
Yet now it is Ms, Señora or Madame,
And it doesn't feel quite the same!

When did it change, why did I not notice?
What happened to spring missy me?
I can't help but wonder what might happen next -
What might the following clue be?
A mortgage, a marriage, kids and a dog,
Listening to radio four;
Feeling the aches in my body post-dance
That never were there before?
Watching grey hairs start to sprout on my head
Needing glasses to read a page?
I now understand why I was told to be grateful
That I never looked my age!

No comments:

Post a Comment