Tuesday 27 November 2012

What If

What if the rain stops and ne'er comes again?
How will the water fall?
What if the butterfly's wings start to beat,
Bringing the end of us all?
What if the lion rips open my guts,
Showing the world what's inside?
What if the snake's curiosity ends?
Would anyone know it had died?
What if I always kept my eyes on the ground
Ne'er flying with birds above?
What if I stayed in a shell all my life
And never had courage to love?
What if I never once said what I thought,
Took a risk that you would not leave?
What if I ne'er let myself care enough
To feel the loss, to grieve?
What if I never took a risk that might fail
To keep me from getting it wrong?
What if I ne'er loved, sobbed or danced till I dropped?
Would you want to hear my song?

No comments:

Post a Comment